01 November 2009

Wow... I don't think I have EVER been so relieved!!!

Well, for the last three months (actually more like three years) I have been sweating it out, wondering if I passed the BAR... It is a waiting unlike any other. It was agonizing to wait, and at the same time, I was hoping I never had to find out. I am a firm believer in ignorance is bliss! As last week inched along I became more and more anxious. I had a million things running through my head, mostly having to do with all the time, money, and mental strain I did not want to have to put into taking the exam again. I cried, pleaded with God, whined to CJ, and complained to my friends about how nervous I was. But, finally October 30th had arrived. Since I didn't sleep at all Thursday night, I was up early. The results came online just after 7 (and would it really have been so hard to make sure they were up exactly at 7?!?!)... which meant I had to wait until after 12. I was not handling the stress well. But, when I saw my name on the list, I don't think I have ever been so relieved!!! Finally, all those beautiful summer hours stuck inside studying paid off! Elation is the word that comes to mind. It finally feels like after 22 years straight of being in school (yes, I think pre-school counts) I am DONE! In actuality, it might not be the last test I ever take, but what counts is that it CAN be! I also want to say that I couldn't have done it without my wonderful family and friends who supported me, and my very prepared and organized study group (Mary, this means you!). Also, CONGRATS to all who got the same wonderful news I did! I really hope I am conveying how blissfully happy I was...

Anyways, after I stopped crying and was able to spit out the words that I had passed to my mom (I had to repeat several times due to my hysterical sobbing), I was able to focus on the celebration. While I am sad that I wasn't able to celebrate with my friends, CJ and I had some (i.e. a lot) of champagne, some delicious Swiss chocolates, and went out for a wonderful Thai dinner, followed by more drinks!! Here is a picture of CJ and the new LAWYER :) before going out:



And what would a weekend be without yet another IKEA trip? We were up early Saturday so that we could get to IKEA when it opened. We quickly picked out all of our stuff (with only a few minor adjustments) and were out of the store in a mere two and a half hours... Seriously. But, even though we were in a hurry, we made time for an IKEA breakfast. Apparently it was too early for chicken nuggets. My belly disagreed, but they still weren't serving them.

We rushed home from IKEA because we had big plans...

I need to now take a moment to address all my wonderful, wine-oholic friends, and with the kind spirit you have all come to love me for, tell you to EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT! No joke. What we did Saturday might the greatest event Zurich has or will ever do. Wine boats! It's so great, I need to say it twice. Wine boats!

Basically, the gist is that twelve yachts dock together on the lake and are filled with wine vendors who want you to taste their wines. Wines from all over the world. Each boat had roughly ten stations per floor of the yacht, and you could go to any of them and pick as many wines as you wanted off their lists to taste. Phenomenal. Honestly, the only thing I could think while we were drinking all our wine is how jealous our friends would be... because we have some friends who LOVE their wine (Sara, La, Big Will... this means you)! Here are a couple pictures of the boats docked:





I'm sure this won't shock anyone, but we didn't manage to take very good pictures this day. ;) However, here is one of me stuffing my face with a brat on the dock! And if you notice, they eat them a little differently here. As you can imagine, we had visited a few boats already by this point.



Finally, here is a picture of me with one of the wonderful wine vendors! This woman (and so many others) were sooooo nice! Not only did they share their delicious wines with us, but they gave us some great travel tips.



Anyways, Saturday was an early night. No trick-or-treating for us. Actually, I didn't see a single person dressed up. Looks like things are going to be a little different here. Today, we woke up and went for a nice, long walk. Just a few more pictures, since it was such a beautiful day:





Well, I better get going. CJ and I have to repack all our stuff so we are ready for the big move tomorrow!! YEAH! I will post again once we have settled into the new place and I have some pictures to share. Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes this weekend, and I'll be writing again soon!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I am soooo happy for you/us! All I can say is I still can't believe we did it AND I WISH you could be in Columbus on Monday, it won't be the same without you my friend!

    But your pics from last weekend are amazing. I can now put a face to the name of WINE BOAT that you were TRYING to tell me about on Saturday! LOVE YOU and can't wait to see pics of the apartment--and hope you go on another trip this weekend! CONGRATS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sarah!!! I'm so happy and relieved for you :) All the best wishes to you and CJ!!
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete